Workers’ Compensation Attorneys: Rhode Island’s Best
Workers’ compensation provides medical and wage benefits to people who are injured or become ill at work. While coverage by employers is a state mandate, wages and other benefits can vary. In general, insurance represents a social contract between management and labor. It protects workers from the loss of livelihood and management from civil suits if workers are injured on the job. But be advised: policy benefits and protections have limitations. When exceptions, arise worker compensation cases may end up in court. If that happens, you’ll need an experienced attorney to handle the contentious legal wrangling between you and your employer.
Workers’ compensation insurance in Rhode Island is taken very seriously. It not only covers workers employed by companies but sometimes extends to contract workers serving in that independent capacity. Businesses failing to provide worker compensation coverage can face severe and costly repercussions, including payment of claims out of pocket, fines, and possible imprisonment. They can also lose the right to conduct business in the state.
How to File a Worker Compensation Claim
- The injured parties must visit a healthcare professional immediately so a doctor can provide medical reports to support any claims.
- Employees then begin the claims filing process, being sure to include any state-mandated paperwork or forms.
- Once the claims are approved, the recipient will receive their compensation payments and can return to work when they feel ready or when a physician has cleared them for service.
Worker compensation forms should be provided by the company or can be found online. While forms are self-explanatory, having an attorney help with their filling out and filing may avoid payment delays. That all sounds straightforward, right? The fact is many cases do not go smoothly. Employers may challenge claims. When that happens, you need an experienced work comp lawyer on your side.
When Do Attorneys Get Involved?
Depending on your needs, you may be entitled to medical compensation, which employers resist. This includes:
- Rehabilitative care
- Prescription medications
- Vocational rehabilitation services
- Long-term care
When you retain Calvino Law Associates, we will:
- Make sure you get the medical treatment needed
- Make sure you are reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses for treatment and medication
- Negotiate settlements and maximize the compensation
- File appeals when judgments go against you.
Just because your employer carries workers’ comp insurance does not mean their lawyer won’t try to minimize the payout. We help you maximize benefit payouts by offering detailed advice on the proper steps to take to file an effective claim or appeal. Our assistance in gathering all necessary information, including medical records, accident and incident reports, and medical opinions, is critical to a successful claim.
Common reasons why claims are denied include:
- Failure to notify your employer of your condition within thirty days
- The insurer believes your injuries do not impact your ability to work
- The claimant has a pre-existing condition
- Lack of supporting medical documentation
- Committing a crime at the time of your injury
- Being under the influence of drugs or alcohol when injured
- Violating your company’s code of conduct
- Errors in paperwork filing
- Being under the influence of drugs and alcohol when injured
The Calvino Law Associates Promise
Whatever the reason, Calvino Law Associates thoroughly reviews the details of your case and will fight to overturn claim denials and get you the payment you deserve. Call us at (401) 205-3733 or use our online contact form. We serve Providence, North Kingstown, and the surrounding areas in Rhode Island.
Get the legal ball rolling toward getting you the money you deserve, the money to which you are legally entitled. FIGHT BACK. CALL JACK!
Calvino Law Ahttps://www.calvinolaw.com/≥ sociates
373 Elmwood Ave.
Providence, RI 02907