You survived an accident and are grateful for that. However, the injuries incurred may impact your life for months, even years. They may keep you from working, even seriously diminish your overall quality of life. And make no mistake, insurance companies, yours or the “other guys,” are not in business to pay out what you necessarily deserve. When you’re injured, you need an experienced accident attorney who will fight to get you the monetary compensation you need and deserve.
The Legal Team at Calvino Law Associates
Don’t be the victim a second time—accidents happen, and so do the injuries sustained due to someone’s negligence. Rhode Island laws protect you, but that does not mean you will always get the compensation coming to you. The difference between excellent and competent legal representation can mean thousands of dollars more or less in damages. One call to Calvino Law Associates and our dedicated attorneys gets you started on the road to receiving every penny you deserve for your injuries.
Auto Accidents and Collisions: What to Do
Successfully filing your case will depend on what you do immediately to support the facts. You need to:
- Notify the police.
- Try not to move your car. Wait until the police arrive and follow their instructions.
- Write down as much information as you can obtain. Names, addresses, phone numbers, and license plate numbers are all important to successfully presenting your case.
- Don’t forget the other driver. Get their name, license number, car registration, and insurance contact name and number. Remember, everyone in RI & Mass must have auto insurance.
- Go to the hospital. No matter how small your injury, let the medical professionals document and administer your treatment.
- Report your accident immediately. Your insurance company needs to know as soon as possible.
- Report your accident by filing an Operators Report. You do this at your local police station within 5 days.
- Contact your lawyer. The entire staff at Calvino Law Associates is ready to help you with your case.
As bad as physical injuries can be, the emotional distress caused by accidents is very real and can be an important factor when arguing your injury claim. Emotional distress is defined as a highly unpleasant emotional reaction—anguish, humiliation, fury—resulting from an incident. Presented in legal terms as pain and suffering, charges include both the physical distress caused by your injuries and the mental anguish or emotional distress you experience because of the trauma. When your case is filed, you may hear terms like emotional harm, mental anguish, mental distress, mental disturbance, and mental suffering. A good accident lawyer knows how to factor emotional damage into your case, which can significantly increase the amount of money you receive.
The Calvino Law Associates Promise
Our attorneys at the Law Offices of John N. Calvino are dedicated to your welfare as accident victims. We will fight to secure the maximum damages to which you are entitled. Call us at (401) 205-3733 or use our online contact form. We serve Providence, North Kingstown, and the surrounding areas in Rhode Island.
Get the legal ball rolling toward getting you the money you deserve, the money to which you are legally entitled. FIGHT BACK. CALL JACK!
373 Elmwood Ave.
Providence, RI 02907